Thursday 13 July 2017

June Swaps

Full house again for this month - really good selection of themes.

Colour: Red & White
I have had this beautiful red lace 'on show' in my craft room for a long time.  Today I am going to use it!!!


I covered the front of a plain white card with the lace and trimmed it to fit.
I added this die cut rose which was plain white but it just didn't seem right.  
I showed the card to PJ who said that the rose needed some colour.  We were both agreed on this so I used a stencil and painted in the centre of the rose with red and added a tiny bit of green to the leaves .... much better!  
I attached the die cut sentiment across the lower edge.






I received this beautiful card by return.

Thank you Olive.
Sorry about the placement of the photos .... Blogger having another strop!
Noobies


This card, courtesy of Helen, has paper flowers, green wooden butterflies and trim.  They are all attached to soft grey paper.


This beautifully embossed card has a stamped fairy image and sentiment along with a glittered butterfly.
Thank you Olive.



Sketch - A new Theme to replace the Alphabet Swap.
I used a pink card for this swap as I had several pink offcuts lying on my desk.
I cut the papers to size and added a diecut butterfly and sentiment. 
I have never thought of die cutting sentiments in white but it makes sense as then they can be coloured to match the card.


I received a blue card with a diecut sentiment!
Thank you ChrisN.



Style - Roses


I used some of the free papers I received with a recent magazine purchase to make this card.
I stamped the sentiment and edged it to match the blue.



This card has been carefully put together, so many peel offs placed and then a half wreath to embellish the image.
Thank you MaryC.


Technique - Teabag Folding
One of my favourite techniques!
I placed my medallion onto a red circle and then added the gold frame.  Although the papers are not Christmas themed, I thought the colours were festive so added a peel off sentiment.




I received this beautifully executed card.  Neat folding and excellent use of peel offs.

Thank you MaryC.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, Long time no see!
    Great to hear from you! Thank you for your comment.
    I have not been crafting much and my craft room has been converted into a guest room. So I have not visited WOYWW for yonks! But I miss you all and perhaps your visit to mine has inspired me to come back son.
    Greetings from sunny (and very hot) Spain,
    Lisca (Olddutch)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection of cards Christine, glad you used the lace, room for more? LOL. The pink and blue cards are so pretty, love the papers.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.