Sunday, 6 April 2014

Last of the March Birthdays

Male cards at the end of the month ... both on the same day .... 24 hours notice .... good here in't it?!?

I looked through my card folder and found a card from Technique Junkies technique of the week - Rounded Squares - a design that I could CASe.
I used two papers from my PaperWishes stash to cut out the squares, round a corner and then the diagonally opposite one.  Using dimensionals (3D pop-ups) I fixed the squares to form an imaginary square in the top two thirds of a blue card.
I used some wallpaper samples from my collection, different kinds and colours, to cut the sentiment.  The die was given away free with a magazine and I had great fun trying to cut with it on the wall papers.
One thing I learnt is that when you fold a thin paper into four and die cut it .... there are two good shapes and two reversed ones!!
From one piece of thin dark blue/white paper, I managed to get two blue and two white sentiments although I was looking for four blue cuts!!!
I used the blue marble 'kitchen' wallpaper for one card and an 'aged/crackled' brown paper for the second card.
I love these cards and sent them off to the fellas with our love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.