Saturday 2 August 2014

Wedding card ...quick!

Having only a short time in which to make this card I had to go online and Google Asian Wedding Cards.  I decided that as the invite was Red and Gold I would make my card in these colours - but how?


Then I remembered the free gift with Simply Cards & Papercraft this month ...... 



.......a Sheena Douglass embossing folder .....

I sorted some red card, my embossing folder and Grand Calibur, gold inkpad and away I went .... well, not quite!  I had to recut my card to fit the folder so, after a rethink, I decided my card would be C5 and not the DL one I had in mind.
No problem! 
 I embossed, inked and cut.  It was very plain so I wrapped a shiny gold ribbon round the card, which made it a bit more blingy!
I typed out my sentiment and formatted it to fit within the confines of an insert.  Cut and folded and punched and stuck to the inside .... folded the card shut and oh! no! the insert crinkled!!!
So again I typed out my sentiment .........  
Cut and folded and punched and stuck to the inside carefully ..... 
...... breathed a sigh of relief!!

I signed said card and popped it into an envelope - being a C6 I had a cream envelope handy so .... ready to go!

Just need now to decide what to wear ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.