Thursday 19 March 2015

Number one 70th Birthday card

1945 was a good year for babies, lots of wonderful people were born that year - some of them were Rover Scouts together in Linslade!!!

The Rovers are having several meetups this year so I am preparing .... in advance?  Trying to.

Here are two cards I made over the weekend.  I used some papers from my stash and then cut out the numbers 7 and 0 using some vinyl templates I have had for years.

The idea was to then dicut the leftover paper and use as a background for the numbers.  Unfortunately the numbers when cut out where too large to go with this idea so I recut the leftovers to fit the front of the card leaving a small margin round the edge.

I attached the numbers and then decorated the cards as follows:
I used gold peel offs at the top right and lower left of each card - CELEBRATE and Congratulations.

 I stamped Happy B*day in the centre of the 0 to connect up the spots.  I stamped off with black ink and then added gold ink so that the gold looked as though it was outlined with black.

On the other card I added gold peel offs to spell JOY to set off the dark stripes.

PJ chose the spots background on a peach card so the striped on kraft card is put away for another birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.