Sunday 1 March 2015

Get Well Card for Roger

Our dear friend Roger has to go into hospital for a hip replacement.  He works hard on the trains, he still finds time to make drinks for all the volunteers and is always cheerful.  So we couldn't let him go all on his own .....
 I bought some diecuts and stamps of and for trains for this purpose, which to use I did not know.  The idea is to make a few cards and send them while he is indisposed.  Some diecut and some stamped.
I diecut several trains, various colours .... if you know out about steam trains then you will understand the three colours - black, red and green.

A plain white card stock from my stash folded in a tent fold was my base.  I then added the black diecut but only the outline.  I took some of the diecuts from the red train and then added panels to the outline - starting to look a bit like 6201 Princess Elizabeth.
Roger and PJ spend a lot of time cleaning the engine during the non-trip times so I really needed to add some copper piping ...... sentiment found .... and a puff of smoke of course!

Roger had his operation and was sitting up in a chair when we visited him in hospital .... can't keep a good man down!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.