Tuesday 1 August 2017

The Wedding Cards

We have been invited to a Wedding Celebration.
This is not just any wedding though, this is the youngest son of the neighbour across the road, a lovely family who came to live here when the children were small.  The youngest son is especially dear to us and we feel very honoured to have been invited.
I have made an acceptance card and a wedding card. 

The red DL card has a band of gold paper across the front and then I used a cream paper inside.  I edged the band and the insert with the same Fiskars punch.


The wedding card was A5, again I used a red card and this time I added a cutout from some wrapping paper.  I love this verse from Corinthians, have kept the wrapping paper for some time now, using pieces from it as it is cream with gold script.   I used the same cream paper for the insert but printed the sentiment in gold coloured print on the PC.  I edged the gold paper and insert with a different Fiskars punch and placed the gold paper along the edges of the front of the card, symbolising the canopy used at the wedding.
The acceptance card was taken across to the house by PJ but the wedding card will be given along with the pressie on the night.

4 comments:

  1. Super cards and that verse looks perfect in gold. Love all the little details especially using wrapping paper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant pair of cards to use for an upcoming wedding! I love the gold with the red, it's so rich looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY Elegant Christine, I bet they were thrilled with the RSVP and will LOVE the card, love the verse. So beautifully added.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.