Thursday 13 June 2013

May Swaps for CardWorkShop Group

These swaps are not complete and I will update if they are 
completed.


This design from Imagine that was entered into a challenge which used purple and yellow.  
Lavender and lemon being one of  my favourite colour sets I layered the image onto purple backing papers on a green card.

My return swap from Chrisann was bright and beautiful!



For my second 1 to 1 card -

I used punched flower shapes from some checked paper and popped them onto a white card.   I  used the ribbon bows set on flowered squares, little knowing the challenge for next month!  Corner triangles from the flowered paper were attached to the corners.

These hand painted lilies were my return swap from Caryl.




Colour My World was yellow card with white and another colour. 

I stamped some poppies several times on a piece of wrapping paper that I had saved and then white embossed them.  I cut one poppy from the paper and corner rounded it, PVA'd it completely and put to one side to dry.  I then cut a piece of the remaining paper to size and attached it to my yellow card leaving a small border.  
The small square had dried great 
so I edged it with brown ink and popped it onto the card.  I PVA'd another piece of paper and when it was dry, corner rounded it, hand wrote with white gelpen 'Hello!' and attached it to the lower corner.
My return card was another bright and cheerful offering from Chrisann and really brightened my day when it arrived!


My Peel Offs swap was very much a trial and error!  

I had wanted to use these peel offs for a long time but hadn't decided how to use them.  I peeled the gold filigree off the backing paper, allowed it to stand for a while to settle and then carefully attached it to white paper.  I then cut round the peel off and attached it to a blue spotty card.  I coloured some flower peel offs and arranged them in the centre while leaving space to place my sentiment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.