I decided that this month I am going to use up some of the printed / coloured digi images I have downloaded at some point in time and left in a box.
My first one is the little girl blowing bubbles.
I used a green 'bubbly' paper as backing and used a 'bubbly' corner punch. Some of the punch outs I placed inside the bubbles in the picture and round the edge. I did not add a sentiment as I thought it was 'busy' enough!!
I received this card from Robin, a beautifully painted rose, blinged up a little.
I found some 'sandy' wallpaper and cotton twill with footprints for my second image. I used my pencils to colour the image and gave it an appropriate background. The card is folded so that there is a margin over and I filled this with the twill.
Colour My World this month is a brown card with Orange, not my favourite colours I must say but after some searching I found brown card and cut it to size. The flowers are from my stash as is my ribbon. I printed out the sentiment - which I would have preferred to be on orange paper but ............
I had found this little dress fold while searching for an easier fold to do than the one for a challenge. I gave up on the challenge fold and made this one instead. The fold is called Garries's Challenging Double Kite Fold and is in my 'Library'. The bodice was definitely challenging. I knew that I had some dolls in my folder on the PC but while looking for them found this little Ballet Dancer - from With Wild Abandon that I bought some time ago. I printed her out (she comes on an A4 sheet) several times till I found the right size.
The brown paper is from my stash - probably Paper Wishes!! I added a little bit of Flower soft to her straps, tiara and right hand, then a small sentiment on background paper popped in the corner and finished.
Angela has also been thinking 'outside the box' and sent me this beautiful fan.
My Technique card did not really turn out as I expected ........... I spent a lovely couple of hours making the tiny flowers, edged them using an inkpad and added some Flowersoft to the centres. The background paper I had chosen was a bit too heavy but it wasn't till it was cut out and on the card that I realised. To try and balance it out a bit I backed the sentiment onto a piece and then lightly 'grunged' the details - edge of sentiment, bird and flowers.
I am happier with it but not as much as the Ballerina!!
Angela sent me this card with beautiful rosette and great sentiment. She has used a Peel Off round the outside of the embossed square. Love it!