I just love Rick's artwork and his Burlesque Elephants just blow me away ..... they are all coloured up ready to use.
But this Challenge is a progressive one and the first theme is Steampunk .... I love Steampunk but have never had the courage to create in this style. Now appears to be a good time to try!!
I already have Ms Victoria McSteeme so I printed her off and sorted my watercolour pencils.
Blue and silver are the colours of the day, I started colouring that lady, using a silver gelpen to highlight the edges of the skirt, eyeglasses, and jewellery. I used Crystal Lacquer for the lenses in her glasses and Lorgnette. My steampunk embellishments were either silver and gold but I wanted something a bit more steampunkish .... is that a word?
I don't have distress inks or stains so had to be creative.
I removed the back pegs from the brads, placed a silver inkpad, some blue, green, yellow and silver embossing powders on my desk and started changing those silver and gold embellis. I tipped a small amount of each embossing powder onto a sheet so that they formed a small pile while still remaining separate colours. I tipped the embellishment into the inkpad and then into the embossing powder. Once the powders were heated, there was a lovely silvery, greeny blue sheen to each embelli.
Placing them onto the card with the image, there was just no colour there. I used a blue decorative diecut for a background and then added a doyley, cut into two pieces and stamped with silver and two shades of blue ink.
This card was now looking a bit more like the image I had in my mind.
Now to enter this card into the Challenge.