Thursday 12 June 2014

June Swaps for CWS

 An exciting month this time ...... with the added benefit of a fantastic technique.
1 to 1 swap



A white card with a fussy cut flowered circle in the centre front.  I added a smaller plain pink circle on top, then a decoupaged rose.  I love this rose design and have managed to get a matching background paper.
I dry embossed the corners with an almost matching rose design.


I received this card which made me laugh.
Thank you Helen





This stamp is absolutely fabulous!  I just love colouring it up with my pencils and/or watercolours.  I cut a strip from the front of this card and then covered the remaining back card with a floral washi tape.






CMW swap - Purple card with Grey colour embellishment and one other colour.

I have 'cheated' with this card as I could not find any suitable grey embellishments.  I took some grey papers into my Craft Group as I knew that one of the girls was bringing her dies into the meeting.  Carol very kindly die cut a latticed frame from one of the pieces and then a butterfly from silver card.  I am amazed at the quality of the cutting.  Thank you so much Carol.
I placed the frame over the card and then the silver butterfly at an angle so that I could add the sentiment to the top left corner.

Because I am using some cardstock from my stash so my card was cut to fit the frame!  This looks good but now it is not a standard size so I need to make an envelope to fit.
Some time ago I received some ATCs in a fabulous envelope and was determined at some point in time to make one like it.
Today was the day!
I used an advert page from 'Tatler' magazine that my daughter brought me back from Vegas.   Not only was the page the right size but the bottle of perfume advertised was just right for me to place the address label.

Hope you get the idea from these pictures.






Technique Swap - Pop Up Box
I also cheated on this swap as well - I bought the basic Template for the card.  I found the instructions on how to make it on the web so I printed them out and gathered the papers I wanted to use, plus some punched out flowers from the same papers.



I cut all the papers for the sides and back ready to fix to the box, embossed and shaped the flowers, and now put it all together so that I have a box of flowers.


It folds flat for posting and then just 'pops up' when opened.



I applied different papers to each side.



The sentiment was in my stash folder.


I can't take a good enough photograph to show the embellished edges of the petals but I tried ....


I have received this beauty back .....


The card in its closed state ........




.... open .....






.... gorgeous bow on the side .......




..... the tiny flowers on the paper are embossed and glittery, the blue card has a linen finish.
Thank you Helen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.