Wednesday 22 October 2014

WOYWW #281

Welcome WOYWWowers.  Any questions can be answered if you click the tab at the top of the page.  

I have a shortish post - but a happy one!

I am trying to clear down some of my rubbish, junk, scrap stash at the moment .... PJ has mentioned selling the house and I don't want to be caught out.  Theory is .... remove one box .... a day ....a week .... a month ....whenever .... but remove it!

Today I opened another box and started to sort ....

There we have it!  
What? you ask .... 
.... my Honeymoon!  
My first trip abroad ... Spanish Translator book, my notebook, fading photographs, receipts, postcards and lots and lots of memories!
Where in the box was all this? 

 In this cereal box!


..... and now this box is ...... ATCs 




and all the mementoes?

Most of them are chucked but some are kept ...... especially the two photographs of two little children ......
........the youngest of whom sent me this photo yesterday  ......



Now I am off to start my journal ......

11 comments:

  1. Ahh... love the scan photo! And what you did with the old cereal box too.
    I find it hard to part with mementoes of special trips and events. They tend to clutter the place for years and years... But I'm also trying hard to have a clear-out, so perhaps I should take inspiration from you!

    Found your blog at Julia's Stamping Ground, on today's WOYWW post. I'm Lizzie - pleased to meet you Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to up cycle that cereal box. Love the ultrasound pic. #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a scary thought, clearing to get ready for a house move! I wouldn't know where to start. Congratulations on the scan photo! Happy days ahead. Have a wonderful week, and don't work too hard on the clearing away!! Hugs, Chris # 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Chrysalis- the thought of packing to move house scares me to death! Lovely scan pic. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #28 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the scan photo. Yes, I have boxes like that and a few years ago we moved country (can take even less with you) so I know how you feel...
    Thank you for letting me have a peep of your workspace.
    Have a good week
    Lisca#32

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased your going to do journal
    Spoke to my daughter and she said it's fine for you to use her sonnet ( it's been published in one book and in another due out next week)
    Jackie 25

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exciting times ahead. A new baby and possible new home. It's the removing part I find hard. I sorted out bagfuls of stuff in the summer holidays, but it's still sitting in the spare room! How silly is that?!

    Fiona #75

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like the others, moving house scares me now. We have moved some years ago but I don't really want to do it again.
    I know it's silly but we have koi and the thought of moving them doesn't thrill me at all. Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 41

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how exciting....a new baby in the family. What wonderful news, bet you're so thrilled :-)
    I think it's a great idea to sort/recycle/chuck before any house selling....I love sorting, find it quite cathartic! Good luck with the rest of the clearing!
    Hugs, LLJ 21 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the sorting - put the mementoes into a journal to save them from the chop! Congratulations on the forthcoming baby! Helen 4

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, Chris, sorting in preparation for a move, scary, scary. Your honeymoon stuff still, how long have you been married? I do still have my wedding dress lurking in the attic, don't think I want to upcycle that like the cereal box.
    Congrats on new baby in the offing.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.