Sunday 17 January 2016

January Swaps

Another year of swaps with the Crafty Cardmakers.
I signed up for several swaps - 5 in all, one being an ATC.
Noobie Swap

I printed this image out some time ago.......had to print it out four times in fact!
Once I had fussy cut all the pieces, I had to cut out a card to fit the largest image.  .... and then of course I needed an envelope.......
I found a piece of paper in my book but it was only just large enough for the card, fortunately I had some washi tape which was almost the same pattern and colours, so I managed to make the envelope large enough for the card.  I then decoupaged the design and put the mouthwatering card into its envelope.


My partner followed a sketch from another Group and used such spring colours it really cheered me up - we are having our second day of snow!  Thank goodness that the snow is not staying around for long!!!!
Thank you Linda A 


Alphabet Swap - L (for Letters)
I am stretching the Alphabet swap a bit here.  I have used another kit from Craftee - which has changed hands and, as yet, does not now produce these kits - In one of my wiser moments, I bought enough kits to keep me going for the rest of the Alphabet!  Today we have letters, which are placed on patterned papers which are placed on the card.  A few flowers are added sparingly.


I received this gorgeous card from my swap partner.  'L for Lace' and the lace is sumptuous over a silver card.
Thank you Mary C.

Technique Swap


Believe it or not ....... this design started out as a Pepsi drink can!!! I opened up the Pepsi can and flattened it by placing under my workmat on my desk for several weeks.  I cut the tin in half and, using one half, embossed this design from the printed side.  I attached it with Collall glue and left to dry.  I used Collall because I could not really press the metal very hard onto the card and this glue is perfect.  Once the tin was dry, I added a silver peel off sentiment along the lower edge.
 I received a pocket card for my return swap card.  Beautifully made with a matching tag.  A thick. almost card, paper has been used.
Thank you Karen.




Colour Swap - Sparkles


I don't work with glitter very well.  I tried very hard to get away from it on this card but the sparkles are still there.  The paper I used has a dull side and a sheen to the other side, so qualifies for sparkle.  I used some ribbon peel offs from my stash, which also had some glitter along the flowers, for the folded edge.  The image was fussycut from a piece of wall paper, the design incorporated sketched views of New York and London.  
The lady is in fact hailing a taxi but for you and me she is waving Hi!  I added some Stickles to the shopping bags.

This card really does have fireworks and sparkles!!
Thank you Olive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.