Wednesday 20 January 2016

WOYWW #346

My thanks go to Julia for hosting this well known desker chat - it's well known in my circles at any rate!!!

I would have had a clear desk to show you but I started sorting out my papers for my next ATC swap - Love Paris ....... I do ..... most definitely!!!

We have the desk underneath all this



My sketchpad - the large size as I can cut lots of ATCs from one sheet.  I mark out my card with pencil and ruler and then paint.  Once the painting is completed I cut out the cards and back them etc.
The sketching pencils - one of my first acquisitions when I decided to try painting.
Lots of images from the web and my camera - I haven't quite decided what to do yet, I shall peruse the images later and await my muse (she loves Paris as well!!). 

First off I have to go buy a high chair from a localish shop and then go out of town to get some bird food.  When the ground is white with frost is not a good time to run out, the birds get upset when I change their diet!!  lol
Have a good week and I will be back later to visit ......

Updated:  My cards are finished now and can be found here

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your sketches, I've been falling in love with drawing lately, I really don't know if that falls into sketching, but as I was drawing I felt a little something calling me to do it more often. Happy sketching, Clemencia #38

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the sketch book. I used to puts tags all together and spray ink onto them all in one go. I'm a sucket for pens and pens and have lots!! Take care Zo xx 39

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we both like to get the maximum usage out of our resources, you with paper, me with fabric :-D. That's a great idea to paint the background and then chop it up!
    Hugs, LLJ 10 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep you can't forget the birds in this weather - we don't get many on the lawn since the neighbours cats like to sit in wait on the shed. Jax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas...I miss my ATC swaps. Haven't found one again to join in. If your Love Paris is taking more swappers I'd enjoy the address. Have a good WOYWW kind of day #33.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never done ATCs but I'm definitely going to do some this year! It's one of my resolutions.
    Thanks for visiting already,
    Have a good week,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the projects. I see Paris in the background on your desk.

    Sharon K #52

    ReplyDelete
  8. I worry about the birds whilst I am away from home - we did leave lots of fat balls for them.
    I feel your love for all things Paris - everything about that city is evocative.
    Hugs and thanks for visiting when I was asleep, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever use of a workbook. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #16 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy WOYWW. I used to do a lot of ATC swaps, but not for a couple of years now. Great idea to paint the whole page and then cut out. Ali x #45

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you'll share the atcs when you're done! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.