Saturday 3 August 2013

August Swaps for CWS

Another month and another set of cards.

Melody has set us a great Technique Challenge this month, a sketch which she kindly explained for us simple folk!
I managed to sort all the papers needed and the stickers but took some time choosing the sentiment and printing it on my PC.  I am pleased with the end result although ........... I stuck the black section upside down so quickly had to remove it and make another........ but you'd never know unless I told you!!!






 I used one of my Lacy Sunshine girls - Froggin' Molly -  for the first 1 to 1 swap ...... coloured, fussy cut her and popped her onto a layered background of gold (wall)papers.  I printed the sentiment out and popped it onto the darker gold paper.

I received this gorgeous decoupaged Fairy - sprinkled with fairy dust!
Thank you Carol  






I have several photos from an old calendar and they are just too good to throw away. 
I used this one to represent Summer on my second 1 to 1 card. We have lots of Cabbage White butterflies about at the moment but none of these beauties - they really are a special edition.






CMW is Brown card + purple + one other,
I was sent this label in a Grab Bag from another group and decided to use this as my base for the 'purple' embellishment.  I sorted out the large lavender flowers from my 'Punchings' box, some smaller purple ones alongside some tiny ones, which put together with some leaves made these pretty little flowers.  After I attached the silver butterfly I thought it looked very bare. so it was 'purpled' it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.