Saturday 8 February 2014

First Birthday in February

This is Cs birthday - I wont tell you how old my baby is!  She let slip today and I am shocked!  I cannot have a baby that age!  ....  Apparently I can!!

She loves purple and yellow so I chose a purple card for her.  I layered a sheet of yellow card with punched corners and then added two more layers cut with a nested die.   I die cut two sizes of flowers from the takeaway cups, see previous posting, and rolled them, adding glitter glue to the edges of the petals.  I die cut some leaves from green paper and adhered them with the flowers.

I could not wish her Happy Birthday (her partner's Mother died a few days back) so I added a 'Just for You' gold peel off.

The photograph does not show what a pretty mauve the card is or the mauve flowers.


When this little baby of mine was asked what she wanted for her birthday replied "some socks" therefore I spent some time shopping yesterday for socks.  I didn't have enough paper to parcel them up so I just boxed some and wrapped some in tissue paper.  By the time I had tied them up with ribbon and bows, this was her present - some socks.

The last box has some earmuffs in to keep her little ears warm!!!!

She loved it all.  The big softie!

But she can't be THAT old .... she's my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.