Thursday 18 September 2014

Card Work Shop News!

I have been with Yahoo CardWorkShop Group from way back, watched it grow with folks joining from all over the world, sending out swap cards, birthday cards, Christmas cards and Easter cards.  There were a few condolence cards over the years but we have laughed and cried together!
Over the past year our membership has declined.  Why? I do not know.  Maybe people are finding the postage a problem, with costs going up is it surprising!  Maybe people have stopped making cards - not everyone is into recycling and card materials can work out expensive.  Maybe people just don't make cards for pleasure any more.  I don't know the answer.
What I do know is that our Group was about to close.
Such a shame, I love sending out my little cards - they may not be brilliant but I love making them - and I love receiving the swaps back, from really clever people I'll have you know!
I asked if I could take over the Group and people were really supportive and so the Group passed into my ownership.  I have changed very little, added a few more 'interesting' swaps, changed the way we choose which swap we want to enter .... nothing much.

I am forming ideas in my head, ways to increase the membership etc. - but first I have to sort out who wants to stay, who wants to join in with the swaps, who is interested if we .............
I hope to start sorting out all the files, folders and databases in October, when according to my Diary, I have a quiet month.
This is all new to me, I have never run an online group of like minded people before.
I feel that I am starting a new job but this time the Company is mine!!!

I shall be having a rest from home & garden till the end of the month so hope to come back with renewed vigour, but until then I shall be updating all my blogs so expect a fair few posts coming through the internet and into your mailbox!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.