Monday 29 September 2014

CWS August Swaps

I bought a magazine with free papers, toppers etc.  Here is my first card made with the kit.
1 to 1

I cut a page of paper to size and after attaching it to the card, went round the edges with a silver gelpen to give the effect of stitching.  I threaded up one of the toppers with blue ribbon, using double-sided tape to attach.  I wrapped a bobbin topper with another small amount of ribbon and also made a small bow.  After attaching the threaded topper to the card I added the bow to the top left hand corner, placed a small blue square, with faux stitching, at an angle in the centre.  A 'handmade' sentiment over this and the bobbin added to the lower right corner completed the card.

I received this beautiful card in return.  The paper has been embossed and torn before attaching to the brown card.


CMW - Pink card + Black embellishments

I struggled with this layout, I thought it would be easy but no.

I selected the printed ribbon and placed it around the card before settling for attaching it diagonally across the card.  I punched some small flowers from black paper, added small stones to the centre of each flower and placed them in groups in the corners.


The card sent back to me is so pretty.  Love the net bow over the black label and how the punched border was attached down the opening side.

Thank you Pat McC for two beautiful cards. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.