Thursday, 22 January 2015

Error and Error again ....

I am trying a new thing with these sketches, my first attempt was not pleasing to me but the second time I almost sank into despair!
This second sketch looked simple enough ........

I chose my papers and, in order to get straight lines, I diecut my shapes.  It was just a matter of attaching the shapes in the right order according to the sketch.

It just didn't look right.

Then I remembered my wall paper file and sorted out some of the patchwork paper.  Fawn and pink are not colours I would normally put together but these went perfectly!

I cut the papers slightly larger and added a few flowers in the corner.


Wallpaper recycled!!

Then there was the Button swap.....

I thought I would make the buttons into a flower.
The idea was to emboss some pieces of green paper in a leaf shape, and stack the buttons into a 'bud' shape.  I added a sentiment across the bottom of the card but it still didn't look right ......

I gave up and took the easy way out.

A green check diecut card and some green raffia surrounds the buttons which I pre-tied with some green thread.


This is, of course, an ongoing story.  
I do not profess to be a good cardmaker, I make cards for pleasure inbetween other crafting techniques.  So I can assure you that there will be more .... maybe I will make this a serial posting .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.