Tuesday 1 March 2016

St David's Day card

I only have to make one card but it is for a very special person - PJ's youngest Sister.
I have a set of wooden stamps, many years old, so I chose the Daffodil stamp for the card.  Today according to the radio there is much discussion as to whether the daffodil or the leek should be the national emblem ....... I prefer the daffodil .... and not just 'cos I don't own a leek stamp!!!!

I thought that I would try the ink resist technique for this card - I have watched lots of videos on the subject - so let's go try ... 
I stamped the daffodil with yellow and green, using a mask so that one daffodil became a small bunch, and then clear heat embossed the image.  Once the paper was cool I watercoloured the image, choosing the background to be blue (sky).
I cut a piece of leaf green card to mat the image and then used a white folded card as a base..
I searched for a Welsh language greeting but in the end managed to print one out for myself.

I hope that YS likes the card - she is special to us both.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, you did a great job, love how you have done the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, you did a great job, love how you have done the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.