Thursday 21 March 2013

Here Come the Boys Challenge No 48

One of the DH's colleagues has a birthday coming up soon.  He is interested in aeroplanes as well as steam trains and after searching through my stash I chose this digi.      
I watercoloured the background and then, after the paper had dried, coloured the figures with watercolour pencils, using metallic pencils for the aeroplanes.  I used backing papers from Paper Wishes (one of the folders containing these was dated 2005 so I suppose I should say they are out of my stash!!!).  The banner came from a Kanban kit that was also purchased some time ago - not quite ancient but close!


I am entering this card into Here Come The Boys Challenge #48  who are using an inspirational  picture collage which inspired me to make this card and then I shall post the card to R for his birthday.










3 comments:

  1. Love how you've interpreted our inspiration picture at Here Come The Boys
    Thanks for joining in, good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Christine - a WONDERFUL vintage card. Remember seeing the boys playing with things like that in the vacant fields - back in the day LOL Love your coloring, too! hugs de

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great card for a guy and a fab creation for our Picture Challenge at Here Come The Boys! Good Luck with your entry! Woo x

    ReplyDelete

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.