Saturday 16 March 2013

Lacy Sunshine request

I found out that a member of one of my Yahoo groups is really suffering with chemo therapy at this moment in time and she cares for her elderly father as well so this is not good.  I cannot visit her in person so want to send her a hug in a card.  
Heather Valentin has just released some beautifully sad girls, Melancholy Moppets,  and I thought one would be perfect for H.  I emailed Heather just on the off chance that she could design a Melancholy Moppet with a few daffodils as I wanted to send H a bit of Spring to cheer her up - Spring always follows Winter.  
Almost by return - bearing in mind we are on different Continents - I had a reply to say it would be no problem.  Less than 24hours later - Daphne was in her store.

May I present Daphne No 1.................

I printed out several of the images, coloured a couple but loved this one most so here she is.  I used watercolour pencils, adding water to the daffodils to bring them out more.  The image is backed onto patterned tissue paper which is backed onto plain yellow card.  I added a piece of ribbon and a Mulberry Paper heart.
I hope that Heather likes what I have created with her image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I make my cards for sheer pleasure so thank you for taking the time to comment.